Selena Gomez stars alongside Billy Crudup and Anton Yelchin in the first trailer for Rudderless.
The 22-year-old singer portrays Kate Ann Lucas, a high school student whose boyfriend Josh is killed in a school shooting. Billy Crudup leads the feature as Josh's father Sam, a former advertising executive overcome with guilt for being largely absent from his son's life. Sam discovers a box of Josh's demo tapes and lyrics, and learns each song as he grieves. He connects with a young musician named Quentin (Anton Yelchin), and the unlikely pair form a rock band.
Felicity Huffman, Laurence Fishburne, Jamie Chung, Ben Kweller and William H. Macy co-star. The film marks Macy's directorial debut, and opens in theaters October 17.
Original headline; Selena Gomez is heartbroken in first trailer for 'Rudderless'
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison