The Times said that it is "understood" that a claim that government-funded guarantees have been wrongfully secured in order to remove companiesí overdrafts and pass risky SME loans on to the taxpayer is one of the issues under examination.
The Times said it has seen correspondence that shows that the SFO is studying allegations about alleged abuse by lenders. The newspaper said that one of the SFO's senior intelligence officers described the research case as "complex" and "far-reaching."
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World