Obama: Everyone Should Be Able to Afford Higher Education
The U.S. leader said Saturday in his weekly address (http://www.whitehouse.gov/)that paying for a higher education is a "constant struggle" for too many families and he wants to reverse that with new initiatives.
The new measures include a reformed student loan system with more money going to students instead of banks, an expansion of grants and college tax credits for students and their families, and a chance for students to cap their student loan payments at ten percent of their income.
In the weekly Republican address, Representative
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays