Obama: Everyone Should Be Able to Afford Higher Education
The U.S. leader said Saturday in his weekly address (http://www.whitehouse.gov/)that paying for a higher education is a "constant struggle" for too many families and he wants to reverse that with new initiatives.
The new measures include a reformed student loan system with more money going to students instead of banks, an expansion of grants and college tax credits for students and their families, and a chance for students to cap their student loan payments at ten percent of their income.
In the weekly Republican address, Representative
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals