In a statement, the building society said it made a
The performance helped Nationwide to increase its common equity tier 1 ratio to 16.3%, from 14.5%, and its leverage ratio to 3.7%, from 3.4%, over the course of the quarter.
Nationwide also said its market share of main and standard packaged current accounts increased to 6.4%, from 6.2%, over the quarter. It opened more than 110,000 new current accounts during the period, and was a net beneficiary of new rules encouraging switching as it gained 10% of gross switchers.
However, Nationwide's mortgage business saw a reduction in gross lending, to
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton