The Dow Jones industrial average jumped 175.83 points, or 1.06 per cent, to close at 16,838.74. The S&P 500 rose 16.68 points, or 0.85 per cent, to 1,971.74. The Nasdaq Composite added 43.39 points, or 0.97 per cent, to close at 4,508.31.
Sensors and electrical controls maker
Although shares of
Airline stocks soared as oil prices slid.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor