Seeking to expand beyond the increasingly saturated smartphone market, South Korean electronics giant Samsung has inked a deal to acquire a US home automation startup SmartThings.
The world leading smartphone maker has announced that it has reached a deal to acquire the US app maker, which enables users to monitor and control their home appliances through mobile devices.
Continuing to run independently under its founder and CEO
Samsung stated : "With Samsung's resources and support, SmartThings will be able to expand its platform and become available for even more partners and devices."
The centre's head,
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes