Seeking to expand beyond the increasingly saturated smartphone market, South Korean electronics giant Samsung has inked a deal to acquire a US home automation startup SmartThings.
The world leading smartphone maker has announced that it has reached a deal to acquire the US app maker, which enables users to monitor and control their home appliances through mobile devices.
Continuing to run independently under its founder and CEO
Samsung stated : "With Samsung's resources and support, SmartThings will be able to expand its platform and become available for even more partners and devices."
The centre's head,
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say