ENP Newswire -
Release date- 15082014 -
Strong order intake
In Q2, Kongsberg Maritime won new orders valued at MNOK 2 594 (MNOK 2 431), and Kongsberg Defence Systems followed up its record influx of new orders in Q1 with new orders in Q2 valued at MNOK 2 019 (MNOK 651). For Kongsberg Protech Systems, new orders in Q2 added up to MNOK 899 (MNOK 438), which was the second highest volume in a single quarter since 2011.
'We are very pleased with the strong order intake in Q2. Our maritime business continues its strong development, and within defence the order backlog increased also during this quarter', says CEO and President, Walter Qvam.
'Kongsberg Maritime has established very strong positions in all its markets. This has resulted in the signing of significant contracts in Q2 as well. Amongst the contracts won by Kongsberg Maritime is the delivery of safety and automation systems for
'As regards Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies, cancellation and postponement of projects early this year lead us to initiating restructuring initiatives to meet a lower than expected projected volume. This situation has had a negative impact also in the second quarter. We expect the initiatives to bring improvements in the latter half of the year', says Qvam.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton