The workshop attracted directors and deputy directors of supervision departments, and senior bank examiners from the
During the workshop, participants had the opportunity to engage in interactive, hands-on training on how countries in the MENA region could coordinate implementation and practices of Basel III standards on banking supervision among their various supervisory authorities.
It also focused on improving the ability of banks' examiners and supervisors to better evaluate their institutions' capital adequacy in relation to inherent risks and assess the adequacy of their liquidity measures.
The workshop provided a good setting for exchanging views, sharing experiences and developing networks for cross-border collaboration on banking supervision. Case studies about the calculation of capital adequacy ratio under Basel III and the measurement of liquidity according to the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) standard were also presented and discussed.
A selected number of participants presented their countries' experiences in Basel III implementation and highlighted the measures taken by their respective supervisory authorities to implement the new measurement of the LCR.
Press Release No. 04/224: Inauguration of the
Factsheet: IMF Technical Assistance
1 Basel III is a comprehensive set of reform measures to strengthen the regulation, supervision and risk management in the banking sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt