The Hang Seng Index in
Most mainland property developers fell, as Hang Seng component China Resources Land Ltd. declined 1.2%, and Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Ltd. also a constituent of the index, dropped 1.1%. China Vanke Co. Ltd., the world's largest residential developer, slid 2.2%, after the company posted a 1% drop in half-year revenue.
However, index heavyweight China Mobile rose 3.2%, up for a fourth session in a row. Several investment banks have raised their price targets for China Mobile after the company reported Thursday strong 4G subscriber growth for July.
Official data showed Monday that more Chinese cities recorded price falls in both new-home and existing-home sales in July, compared with the previous month.
The Shanghai CSI 300 index gained 13.93 points, or 0.6%, to 2,374.56.
In other markets;
The Taiex Index in
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays