THE FRENCH government's admission that it will not be able to reach its deficit targets for the year is a negative signal for the Eurozone, according to credit ratings agency Moody's.
In a briefing note yesterday, Moody's analysts said that
It added that the bloc "would have failed an important test" if it allowed governments to breach the compact.
Despite an acknowledgement that President
An analyst said: "Longstanding rigidities in product markets [particularly barriers to entry in many service industries such as legal services] and costly regulat-ory requirements for firms also put downward pressure on the country's growth prospects."
French finance minister
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine