SIX WEEKS ago I wrote on these pages that I thought there was "scope for housebuilders to continue their bull run".
Smugness aside, a cursory glance at the share prices of Bovis and its peers reveals why people who actually invest real money might be more reticent than people who simply write for newspapers. Much of the stock has risen in recent weeks (including that of Persimmon, which reports today) yet over time there are lots of downs as well as a lot of ups, betraying a degree of volatility.
Many risks loom over the housing market, of course. Regulations such as the mortgage market review that knocked shares earlier in the year; new lending restrictions being imposed by the Bank of
Yet Bovis shows that for bold investors, there is value to be had. A wave of recent data has revealed that
Many analysts expect this to remain the case. If so, it will provide a huge boost to Bovis, which is swiftly delivering houses in salubrious areas of the south outside
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades