ENP Newswire -
Release date- 15082014 -
A dividend of
Tax Information for Shareholders
U.S. individual or other non-corporate taxpayers may be eligible for the reduced rate of tax currently applicable to 'qualified dividends' provided that the investor meets the holding period and any other requirements.
The Company's common share dividend is subject to a 25% withholding tax rate for holders that are not residents of
Non-Canadian holders may be required by their brokers to complete a Form NR301 (or an equivalent form) in order to demonstrate their entitlement to a treaty-reduced rate of withholding tax. U.S. and other non-Canadian holders should consult their brokers about the requirement to provide such forms.
U.S. individuals holding shares in taxable accounts may be eligible to receive a credit on their U.S. income tax return for this withholding tax. U.S. individuals holding the Company's common shares in Individual Retirement Accounts ('IRAs') may be exempt from withholding tax pursuant to the
Taxpayers should always seek their own independent qualified professionals regarding the tax consequences of purchasing or owning common shares of the Company. Individuals who believe the withholding tax exemption applies to their IRA should contact their broker to determine how to claim the exemption.
Atlantic Power Corporation Amanda Wagemaker, Investor Relations(617) 977-2700 email@example.com
Copies of financial data and other publicly filed documents are filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com or on EDGAR at www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml under '
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips