Councillor Laing said: "I warmly welcome this important loan guarantee from the
"A planning application for the development will be considered by the
"The scheme, if approved, would be a crucial element of our intention to deliver new housing in the city and provide the homes in sustainable communities to help us fill the skills gap.
"I am especially pleased that our officers were able to broker the arrangement between Infrastructure
The 700million development would be phased over 15 years, boosting the local economy and supporting up to 1,000 jobs. Construction could start later this year, with the first homes due in spring 2015.
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher