In a chat with Vanguard, Aflix's Director of Business Development, Nyasha Mutsekwa said Aflix believes that its services will make significant impact on the cinema industry, "since we are offering the latest movies which will be available for viewing right in people's living rooms."
He noted that the Internet TV industry is a billion dollar industry that Aflix is looking to revolutionize how content is viewed in
Contrary to insinuations that the firm's launch in
iRoko is rather responding to our plan to launch in the market. Our objective is to bridge the
Speaking further on the service, Mutsekwa said, "We are bringing the luxury of theatre going into African homes, at a price point that is affordable.
Aflix customers will be able to watch
According to him, when new users sign up for the service, they will be given a fourteen day free trial with no strings attached and after the period, choose to subscribe for just
Users also get access to pay-per-view content with premium movie rentals starting as low as
Aflix aims to develop set-top boxes to give users the 'living room experience.' By simply plugging in the device into their TV sets, Aflix users can enjoy
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence