Against the greenback, the ringgit rose to a 9-1/2-month high of 3.1463 from an early low of 3.1558. At last week's close, the ringgit was trading at 3.1539 against the greenback.
If the ringgit extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 3.13 area.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani