Meanwhile, the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) general index fell 0.72 per cent to reach at 5,016.54.
The day's trade was marred with significantly low trade values in the real estate sector with companies such as
"The index now appears to be in a medium-risk zone. During August, trade volumes are usually low but if they remain at this level for a long period, that would be worrying. I expect better trade by the last quarter of this year," he said.
As for ADX, with the index now above 5,000, the analyst said, "Trade was disappointing [on Sunday] in
Of the 30 stocks traded on DFM, 18 went down, six went up, and six remained unchanged. Of the 32 stocks traded on ADX, 17 declined, 10 advanced, and five remained flat.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million