The Galaxy S5 Mini takes advantage of advanced features of the Gen5 solution, including gloved-finger tracking and hover functionality. Gen5 delivers accurate navigation of touchscreens even through thick gloves, greatly improving user convenience. It tracks up to 10 fingers in thin gloves and two fingers with thicker gloves, such as those used by skiers. The solution s hover feature enables the Galaxy S5 Mini to anticipate the touch of a finger and enlarge content such as points on a map or the font of tiny website links to make them easier to find and select.
This design win is another indication of the strong momentum that our TrueTouch Gen5 touchscreen controller family is generating with top OEMs and throughout our customer base, said
Teardown.com s Product Manager
With Cypress s unique and patented DualSense technology to execute both self-capacitance and mutual-capacitance measurements in the same device, the Gen5 family offers the industry s best waterproofing for seamless performance in real-world conditions, including the presence of rain, condensation, or sweat. By combining this powerful architecture with an industry leading 32-bit ARM® Cortex M-Core processor that is known for high-efficiency MIPS/mW, Gen5 controllers boast 120-Hz refresh rates and low power consumption. Gen5 controllers drive the touchscreen at 10V and at high frequency with narrow-band, single-pass scanning and advanced hardware DSP filtering.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say