In the first six months of 2014, the
In the period, the Group reported revenue of just under PLN 16.4bn, down 2% from PLN 16.7bn in H1 2013. Revenue fell by slightly over PLN 1bn on slower gas sales caused by the warm winter, with the decline moderately offset by the rising revenues from crude oil and electricity sales.
The Group's EBITDA, affected by an impairment loss of approximately PLN 500m, grew by 4%, to approximately PLN 3.5bn (PLN 3.3bn in H1 2013). On an adjusted basis (net of impairment losses), EBITDA increased 21% in H1 2014, to almost PLN 4bn. With a 55% share, the Exploration and Production segment was the largest contributor to the Group's net profit, followed by Distribution with a 32% share, and the Trade & Storage and Generation segments, accounting for 5% and 8% of the total, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani