In order to make strategic interventions to fill the skills gap in information and communication technology (ICT) among librarians,
To serve the purpose, the duo has arranged a workshop on application of free and open source software (FOSS) in library activities.
The workshop will equip librarians with skills to become major players in the ICT industry, able to use and apply the ICTs to enhance the lot of all information seekers.
She said : "It is in line with this wider picture that the Council considered it appropriate to partner with the foremost public IT organisation, NITDA in seeking to equip information professionals and managers with competencies and skills that will enable them choose and work with free and open source software in their libraries."
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market