Science & Technology Desk
"Different types of bacteria, archaea and yeasts are among the microorganisms discovered by the center," Dr.
They have applications in biotechnology, food industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing, agriculture and environment.
Shahzadeh-Fazeli further said the center also provides services in the fields of identifying and collecting microorganisms for
Shahzadeh-Fazeli said over 3,000 microorganisms were stored in the center's microorganism bank, of which 1,000 have been
A microorganism is a microscopic organism that may be a single cell or multicellular organism.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM