Science & Technology Desk
"Different types of bacteria, archaea and yeasts are among the microorganisms discovered by the center," Dr.
They have applications in biotechnology, food industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing, agriculture and environment.
Shahzadeh-Fazeli further said the center also provides services in the fields of identifying and collecting microorganisms for
Shahzadeh-Fazeli said over 3,000 microorganisms were stored in the center's microorganism bank, of which 1,000 have been
A microorganism is a microscopic organism that may be a single cell or multicellular organism.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters