Data from the
Services output increased 0.3% in June from May, the third consecutive 0.3% increase, another report from ONS showed today. On a yearly basis, the index of services advanced 3.6% in June.
In the second quarter, services output climbed 1% from the prior quarter, unchanged from the previous estimate published on
The pound advanced to a 2-day high of 1.6698 against the US dollar, from an early low of 1.6675. If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 1.68 area.
Against the yen, the pound edged up to 171.19 from an early low of 170.91. The pound may test resistance near the 173.30 region.
The pound rose slightly to 0.8015 against the euro. At yesterday's close, the pound was trading at 0.8007 against the euro. Continuation of bullish trend may lead the pound to a resistance around the 0.79 mark.
Moving away from an early low of 1.5097 against the Swiss franc, the pound slightly rose to 1.5112. The pair closed yesterday's deals at 1.5124 against the franc. On the upside, 1.53 is seen as next resistance level for the pound.
Looking ahead, US producer price index and industrial production for July are due to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006