ENP Newswire -
Release date- 14082014 -
Under the RONS IDIQ contract, Northrop Grumman Remotec will provide depot level repair support; upgrade both the MK3 Mod 0 and Mod 1 version systems and implement government-approved configuration management changes and engineering enhancements.
The RONS robotic system provides
The system consists of a chassis with articulators and wheels for excellent mobility, a powerful manipulator, as many as five cameras and an operator control unit. The vehicle can be controlled by either fiber optic cable or a radio.
Remotec was awarded the contract in 1988 for the predecessor to RONS, the Remote Control Transporter (RCT), which was the first U.S. military unmanned ground vehicle program of record. The RONS configuration resulted from a major upgrade of the RCT in 1997.
'Remotec is pleased to build upon the relationship we have had with the
'As we plan for the next-generation of military EOD robots, we can continue to provide RONS with new capabilities to meet evolving threats well into the future. Without a doubt, everyone's aim is ensuring our bomb techs have the best equipment possible to keep danger at a distance,' Heverin added.
Northrop Grumman Remotec, based in
Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think