The yield on the benchmark 10-year Japanese government bond temporarily fell below 0.5 percent on Friday for the first time since
The yield on the No. 334, 0.6 percent issue, the main yardstick of long-term interest rates, fell to as low as 0.495 percent before ending the day's interdealer trading at 0.500 percent, unchanged from Thursday's close.
Traders said the temporal decline in the yield reflects overnight falls in U.S. and European long-term interest rates as well as the
The price of the September futures contract for 10-year bonds declined 0.01 point to 146.16 on the Osaka Exchange.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic