Results are published on 14 August and if you don't get the A-level grades you are expecting it's a worrying moment. But don't panic! All is not lost, because even if you cannot go to your first-choice university or college you can still get a place through Clearing.
Whatever your interests, Clearing could open the door for you - all you have to do is log on to the Ucas step-by-step website and search for the courses that interest you - and last year more than 57,000 courses advertised. In this special guide we give advice on how to negotiate your way through the day, including how to conduct yourself in a telephone interview and how to weigh up all your options. We hear from admissions tutors and students and there is guidance on choosing the right course and the right university or college, fees and funding, possible career routes and why your best option might be to take a gap year.
There is also advice on how to be savvy with social media, how to set up friendship groups before you get to uni and how to earn some extra money while you are studying. So go on, check out your Clearing options now. As one student says: "Liverpool John Moores was my first Clearing offer. Had I not gone through Clearing I would not have gone there and met all my uni friends - I just can't imagine that."
Editor Sarah Jewell Production editor Sam Noble Picture editor
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World