US STOCKS edged higher yesterday, as softer-thanexpected economic data reinforced speculation that the Federal Reserve won't rush to raise interest rates.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 61.78 points, or 0.4 per cent, to 16,713.58.The S&P 500 closed up 8.46 points, or 0.4 per cent, at 1,955.18, with health-care stocks leading the gains. And the Nasdaq Composite also rose 0.4 per cent - 18.88 points - to 4,453.00.
Kohl's advanced 3.3 per cent to
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison