The tactics of cyberwarfare are constantly changing, and methods to counter attacks must adapt to keep pace. At the 2014 North America Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) conference (https://www.isaca.org/ecommerce/Pages/North-America-ISRM.aspx??cid=pr_1104464&appeal=pr) at
ISACA will offer< sessions for risk and security professionals of all levels at the ISRM conference, taking place
Keynote Speaker Curtis KS Levinson CDP, CISSP, MBCP, CCSK,
"The methods and tools of warfare have changed, yet the paradigm of the warfighter has not," said Levinson. "At ISACA's North America ISRM conference, I will urge attendees to act quickly and decisively to secure the foundations of our electronic society."
Also keynoting is
"Cyberthreats are costing us billions and we need updated strategies to arm our enterprises against cyberpredators," said Ross. "I look forward to the opportunity at this conference to share strategies and gain the upper hand in protection of our information and systems."
The conference will cover the latest topics in information security and risk management in panel and interactive discussions, networking events, and engaging workshops. Attendees can attend sessions in the following tracks: Compliance, Privacy, Risk Management and Cybersecurity. Pre- and post-conference workshops will address:
* Forensics in Action (https://www.isaca.org/Education/Conferences/Pages/North-America-ISRM-2014-Presentations-and-Descriptions.aspx#ws2)
* Incident Response for Cyber-based Events (https://www.isaca.org/Education/Conferences/Pages/North-America-ISRM-2014-Presentations-and-Descriptions.aspx#ws3)
* Measuring What Matters (https://www.isaca.org/Education/Conferences/Pages/North-America-ISRM-2014-Presentations-and-Descriptions.aspx#ws4)
* Effective Information Security Programs Are Not Born! (https://www.isaca.org/Education/Conferences/Pages/North-America-ISRM-2014-Presentations-and-Descriptions.aspx#ws5)
ISACA is also hosting two Cybersecurity Fundamentals Workshops (http://www.isaca.org/cyber/Pages/default.aspx?cid=1004695&Appeal=PR) before the conference to prepare attendees for the new Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate. The first workshop has sold out, and a second has been added. Additional information about the certificate is available in ISACA's Cybersecurity Nexus (http://www.isaca.org/cyber/Pages/default.aspx?cid=1004695&Appeal=PR).
Conference attendees can earn up to 32 continuing professional education (CPE) hours. Registration is US
[Category: Computer Technology]
CC AutoTriage10PkS-140814-30TacordaCheng-4828213 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists