In the first nine months of financial year 2013/2014 medical technology company
Our business continued to show a positive development in the past few months. All three strategic business units (SBUs) contributed to the growth, commented Dr.
Once again, the Surgical Ophthalmology SBU recorded the strongest revenue growth. During the period under review, this SBU s revenues lifted by around 22 percent year-on-year, with additional support from the acquisition of the
Revenues in the Microsurgery SBU were up slightly year-on-year, with a continued strong adverse impact from exchange rates in the first nine months of the current financial year. After currency adjustments, surgical microscopes and visualization solutions grew by 5.9 percent.
The Ophthalmic Systems SBU was able to keep its revenues at almost the previous year s level. After adjustment for currency translation, this SBU contributed growth of 3.6 percent, with continued strong pressure from the competition in diagnostics and a high level of demand for innovative lasers for refractive vision correction.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week