Net profit has increased 12% to AED23.6 million compared to AED21.2 million a year earlier. This has resulted in earnings per share rising from AED0.064 in the first half of 2013 to AED0.071in H1 2014.
Gross insurance premium stood at AED295 million in H1 2014 compared to AED187million reported in the same period last year, an increase of 58%.
UIC's total assets rose from AED688 million as of
Technical profit amounted to AED49.2 million, up 94%, compared to AED25.4 million as at
The continued surge in the technical profits underscores the effective execution of the company's sustainable growth strategy which includes disciplined underwriting, focus on introducing innovative solutions range and expansion of distribution channels.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight