A meeting of the national parliament will be held in
Several bills and documents will be considered there, the Turkmen government said
Chairperson of the Mejlis Akja Nurberdiyeva informed the recent government meeting about the activity of the national parliament since early 2014.
Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov stressed the need for intensifying the Parliament's activity on the modernization of national legislation in the interests of dynamic promoting the socio-economic reforms and active participation in the Constitutional Committee to improve the Turkmen constitution, according to the report.
At present, a number of measures are being implemented in
The country passed to the international accounting standards in 2014.
The term of office for MPs is five years.
Under the Turkmen constitution, the parliament passes laws, makes changes and additions to the Turkmen constitution, approves the state budget, resolves the issues on holding referendums and announces presidential and parliamentary elections.
It also considers the issues on the appointment and dismissal of the chairman of the
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine