Much like the Galaxy Note 4, Samsung’s often talked about
Project Moonlight, or the Gear VR’s other moniker, is being described as resembling Google’s Cardbox where the device’s lenses can be coupled with a smartphone display to transport users “into an immersive world.” The
Besides the lenses, Project Moonlight appears to have a focus dial and may have a Micro USB connection to the phone. The headset is pictured here next to a Galaxy S5, but given the positioning alongside the Note 4 launch, it’s almost certain that the newest phone in Samsung’s smartphone stable will be compatible. A lid appears to be used to hold the phone in place once it’s connected.
Oculus is rumoured to be collaborating with Samsung on the project, although the publication admits that Oculus’ involvement with the
Source: The Verge
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor