The Alpha, which is likely to compete directly with Apple's iPhone 6, is one of the slimmest Galaxy devices ever, will go on sale from September.
"The Galaxy Alpha was built and designed based on the specific desires of the consumer market," said JK Shin, CEO and head of IT and Mobile Communication at
The device is equipped with a 4.7-inch HD Super AMOLED display as well as an advanced camera and real time HDR, it features an ultra-power saving mode,
The Galaxy Alpha will join the Galaxy S5, which first released in April at the top end of Samsung's line. It has a smaller 4.7in HD screen with lower resolution compared to the S5, but is thinner, at 6.7mm thick compared to 8.1mm, and at 115g is lighter than the 145g Galaxy S5. The main feature difference is the metal edging, which joins to a plastic removable back.
At the launch, the Alpha will be available in Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, and Scuba Blue, with available colours to be determined by market.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu