"Community banks that sell to the government sponsored enterprises (GSE) typically only sell to one GSE. This means that community banks wouldn't likely see the trading difference between the securities as they sell their loans for cash rather than create mortgage-backed securities pools.
"Since community banks are investors in GSE securities, ICBA will review the proposal carefully to ensure that the marketability of the current GSE mortgage-backed security is preserved while balancing the price execution components for those institutions selling loans to the GSEs."
TNS 24HariCha-140814-30FurigayJane-4828521 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison