The U.S. dollar remained in the mid-102 yen range Thursday in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar saw slight gains against the yen in the morning after a rebound in
Machinery orders excluding ships and utilities rose 8.8 percent in June from the previous month, compared with a record drop of 19.5 percent posted in May.
Trading volumes throughout the day were low amid the Bon summer holiday, dealers said.
The euro was bought against the yen after the machinery orders data but looked set to soften after the release later in the day of eurozone April-June gross domestic product data and a final reading for consumer prices in the region.
"Recent economic indicators from
The German economy shrank by 0.2 percent on quarter while
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green