The economic recovery in the eurozone unexpectedly came to a halt in the second quarter, with
GDP was flat in the June quarter, after seeing an increase of 0.2% in the preceding quarter.
The news may compel the
The dollar was stuck at a 9-month high near
The buck held yesterday's gains against the sterling, staying at
Quiet dealing left the dollar at
In economic news from the US, initial jobless claims rose more than expected to 311,000, up 21,000 from the previous week's revised level of 290,000. Economists expected jobless claims to edge up to 295,000 from the 289,000 originally reported for the previous week.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists