Meanwhile, the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) general index gained 2.58 per cent this week, with the index rising one per cent on Thursday to reach 5,052.94.
"A lot of the stocks are oversold, and the DFM index has shot up 250 per cent since the beginning of 2013 when it was at 1,500. Naturally, there needs to be a correction, but we can still be optimistic as long as the index remains at its current levels that are close to the resistance of 5,267," he said.
Discussing individual stocks,
On Thursday, Emaar share prices went down 0.5 per cent to reach Dh10.05, but
Other stocks with positive outlook on the medium and long term include
Other stocks with positive outlook in
As for the geopolitical environment,
"So far, the market has been very resilient to the very challenging regional news flow from
Henin added, "I think investors have understood that it will not have an impact on the GCC economies. The first reason is from a security point of view, and second, from an economical point of view because there's almost no trade between these countries and the GCC so it's not like exports will go down."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic