BUFFALO, N.Y. - A Buffalo Bills fan group has uncovered documents that suggest a Toronto-based prospective ownership group has plans to relocate the franchise north of the border.
The Buffalo Fan Alliance on Thursday identified several announcements referring to Rogers Communications consultant, Roger Rai, as being part of the ownership group "attempting to acquire and move the Buffalo Bills to Toronto."
The references were included in two press releases issued this year, and in Rai's biography published in a petroleum company's public filing in January.
Rai told The Associated Press he is not involved with the group's bid. He says the references were the result of a misinterpretation by a co-worker who wrote the biography.
Rogers is part of a prospective ownership group that includes rocker Jon Bon Jovi and Larry Tanenbaum.
Original headline: Bills to Toronto concerns raised by documents outlining ownership group's plan to move team
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering