THE BANK of
"The Scottish government has had technical discussions with the Bank of
He was speaking after Bank of
But Carney refused to discuss the plans, and the Bank denied that the talks Swinney spoke of had ever taken place.
"To be clear, consistent with its statement in
Carney had also been adamant that the Bank of
But he has previously spoken of the need for any currency union to have solid foundations, potentially includ-ing giving away some national sovereignty.
Those designing any currency union have learned lessons from the Euro-zone which got into trouble when high spending and high borrowing member
Last night, the Scottish government responded, saying: "We have always made clear that these were technical discussions not negotiations."
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World