The competition for the 3rd and 4th editions of the
The Award aims to promote high quality education research, produced by African universities, research centres and research networks. It is awarded to four categories of researchers or institutions: the best emerging researcher, the best accomplished researcher, the outstanding mentor of educational researchers, and the best enabling institutional environment for education research.
The Award is organized by the
The inaugural edition of ERAA was launched in 2012.
For the 3rd and 4th editions of the Award (2014 and 2015), research in the following thematic fields will receive special attention: technical and vocational skills development (TVSD); early childhood development (ECD); information and communication technology (ICT); science, technology and innovation (STI); gender issues; special education needs; teacher training and the teaching profession.
The organizing committee encourages women to participate in the 2014 and 2015 editions.
The terms and conditions of participation in the competition are available on line.
Research on education is crucial for African education systems to function well. It provides decision-makers with the information they need to orient policy, conduct reform and enhance the quality, equity, relevance and efficiency of their education and training systems.
In spite of this, education research in
The objectives of the
- to strengthen the link between education research and education policy-making and practice in
- to encourage and support researchers based in
- to facilitate the interaction between researchers and policy-makers in order to promote the systematic use of research findings in the design, formulation, implementation and evaluation of education policies;
ERAA ultimately seeks the institutionalization of a culture of quality research that contributes both to informed decision-making and to the effective implementation of promising reforms and practices.
It is part of a wider framework seeking to strengthen education research capacities in
The juries for the Award are made up of African and Africanist researchers and education specialists working in universities, research centers and research organizations based in
For further information on the
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140814-30FurigayJane-4827786 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals