His Highness Sayyid Faisal bin Turki Al Said, director-general of Marketing and Media at the
At over 17 metres wide, VOX MAX at City Centre Qurum boasts the largest cinema screen in the Sultanate with the latest Dolby Atmos sound technology.
"Introducing VOX Cinemas at Qurum is a fantastic milestone for VOX Cinemas," said
"With these seven screens in Qurum, plus the ten-screen complex in
Unlike traditional channel-based sound systems like 5.1, 7.1, and 11.1, which require filmmakers to think about the number and location of speakers, Dolby Atmos allows them to simply designate where in the cinema space each sound should be placed or moved to make audiences experience the film as if they were within its world.
"With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, so the audience is no longer just watching a movie, but they are experiencing it," said
As well as VOX MAX, VOX Cinemas at the City Centre Qurum also offers a fantastic range of cinema-going options with all seven screens being 100 per cent digitally enabled and three screens offering 3D capabilities, plus VIP and standard seating options, meaning movie-lovers can choose how they would like to enjoy the latest blockbusters.
VOX Cinemas City, Centre Qurum also offers fantastic food and beverage options and combined ticket booths and candy bar to reduce waiting time.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy