The 12-month contract was inked among the Town Clerk, Daniel Christopher Kawesi and the country Manager of
It is part of the approved
The project is likely to spread out urban infrastructure and improve the capacity of the 14 municipal local governments to produce own source revenues, improve urban planning, and strengthen financial management, procurement, environmental and social systems.
Kawesi said that this exercise has been long due worth the wait. The fund was approved in March last year but this implementation delayed.
The Town clerk said, I am very optimistic the contractor we have got is going to do us a very good job given his wide experience .
He requested to the people of Lira Municipal council to support the endeavor as it s a performance- for-result project.
We shall attract more resources if the first phase of the project is executed properly. The town clerk stressed that the first phase is costing sh10bn and over the five-year period, expects up to sh25bn
Am very sure if we can attract all this money into
Zhou Fudong said that quality and time is very important to their company. He said the company will transfer equipment in Gulu to Lira to help complete the work in time.
He said, With cooperation from the consultant and the employee (Lira Municipality), we shall finish the work successfully .
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors