"Earlier this year, we began testing a new Twitter Video Card that streamlines video playback and brings a one-tap viewing experience in our users' timelines," said Regan.
"These tests have shown that Tweets containing native Twitter video generate better engagement and more video views than before."
The promoted videos will work alongside 'Twitter Amplify' (the company's video advertising arm for businesses) and will offer a new set of video tools for marketers including Cost Per View and video analytics.
The native video solution has only been made available to select content publishers and verified users so far.
"The overall goal is to bring more video into our users' timelines to create a richer and more engaging
The news comes shortly after it was announced last week that
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'