Civil works to resurface and strengthen the runways at Fua amotu and Lupepau u International Airports is to begin from this year, and should be complete in 2015. The pa anga project worth
To begin the civil works, a contract on Tuesday 12 August was signed by
Main work will be to resurface and strengthen both runways, he said, adding that, We expect it to be completed for Fua amotu around October next year, and for Lupepau u in Vava u earlier, around
No flight disruption were expected during the work, he said, however, there could be inevitable disruption incase if airlines changed or delayed flight schedules. He adds, We will talk with them to confirm that they keep to their schedules because works would be done at a certain period and we need hours to clear up the runway and equipment for flights to land.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?