The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 90.99 points, or 0.6 percent, from Wednesday to 15,304.62, after ending in positive territory over the past three days. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Major gainers included construction, airline, paper and mining issues, while real estate and nonferrous metal shares lost ground.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment