This EBRD working paper by
A second lesson from the crisis is that banks' funding structure, in particular the use of short-term wholesale funding, matters as much for lending stability as does their ownership structure.
Read the Working paper in full (715KB - PDF) http://www.ebrd.com/english/downloads/research/economics/workingpapers/wp0170.pdf
TNS 30FurigayJane-140814-4827862 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities