Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Technical University Munich, "We present herein a next step in the development of fluorescence molecular guidance by describing a novel video-rate imaging laparoscope capable of concurrently recording color and near-infrared fluorescence images and video. Video-rate operation is based on graphics processing unit-based image processing."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "We examine the optical characteristics of the system developed and provide performance metrics related to intra-operative endoscopic guidance, showcased on phantoms and endoscopic color and fluorescence molecular imaging of tumors in a mouse model of the human disease."
For more information on this research see: Concurrent video-rate color and near-infrared fluorescence laparoscopy.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him