"We are pleased with these strong first half results, which evidence revenue growth and operational efficiency gains across the business which has brought down the cost to income ratio from 55.1% to 50.4%," says
"All business units have contributed to this robust performance, particularly
The net interest income was up by 19% over the same period last year, driven by the growth in customer loans, which grew by 24% to Ksh78.2-billion (
Corporate and Investment Banking's customer loans and advances increased by 17% mainly on short-term loans, while customer deposits grew by 10% mainly on client transaction accounts. Personal and Business Banking's customer loans grew by 33% while customer deposits registered a 21% growth.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison