Notice Type: Presolicitation Notice
Subject: D-- FSC Healthcare Clearinghouse Services
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: VA11814I0607
Contact: lauren sankar email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
VA Technology Acquisition Center
VA Technology Acquisition Center
The purpose of this Request for Information (RFI) is to search for qualified vendors capable of meeting the
HCFA UB Claims
837 Health Care Claims (Institutional and Professional, Dental)
835 Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
VA Security Requirements for this effort:
Information systems designed or developed for or on behalf of VA at non VA facilities shall comply with all Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), NIST, and related VA security control requirements for Federal information systems. This includes system security categorization level designations in accordance with the most current FIPS, and implementation of all baseline security controls commensurate with the current FIPS system security categorization (reference the current Appendix D of VA Handbook 6500, VA Information Security Program).
Contractors are fully responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with all current FISMA, NIST, FIPS, and VA security policies and procedures. The contractor security control procedures must be identical, not equivalent, to those procedures used to secure VA systems. A privacy impact assessment (PIA) must also be included and approved by VA Privacy Service prior to operational approval. All external Internet connections involving VA information must be reviewed and approved by VA prior to implementation.
Outsourcing (contractor facility/contractor equipment/contractor staff) of systems or network operations, telecommunications services, or other managed services requires certification and accreditation of the contractor's systems prior to operation of the systems.
The contractor must adhere to all current FISMA, FIPS and NIST legislation and standards related to conduct of an annual security controls assessment and review and updates to the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA).
Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002 Compliance: FISMA compliance is access through annual accreditation and certification as required by
II. After reviewing the information contained within this
1. Name of Company:
Point of contact:
2. Will your company alone be able to provide all of the services to meet the requirements or will you have to partner with other vendors If you will have to partner please provide the following information:
a. Identify who the proposed partner(s) would be (include Name, Cage Code, and DUNS number).
3. Do you have the ability to meet the requirements of Appendix D of VA Handbook 6500, VA Information Security Program no later than
4. Do you have FISMA annual accreditation and certification with the VA or can you obtain no later than
5. Do you currently have or can you obtain a business associate agreement with the VA by
6. Do you have an existing Information Security Agreement (ISA) or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the VA or can you obtain one no later than
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays