The moves is a clear pointer of the firm's intention to play a key role in the lending business.
The acquisition of 67 per cent stake in Faulu for a reported Sh3.6 billion with immediate injection of Sh2.8 billion in April allowed
Over the last couple of months, it has been running an aggressive advertising campaign for its credit facilities.
The giant financial services group with roots in
It said in a statement the outgoing chief has been engaging the board on maximising and enhancing benefits of the integration between the two companies after they got regulatory approval last December.
Established in 1991 in Mathare slum as a loan scheme, the 400,000 - customer Faulu has a presence in 44 of the 47 counties with 110 service outlets including 34 branches having obtained a DTM licence in
Chief operations officer for Africa Tavaziva Madzinga said
"This deal confirms
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market