New Gene Therapy Data Have Been Reported by
The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "Plasmid DNA is receiving considerable attention for intramuscular gene transfer due to its safety, simplicity and low cost of production. Nevertheless, strategies to improve DNA uptake into the nucleus of cells for its expression are required. Cytoskeleton plays an important role in the intracellular trafficking. The mechanism regulating this process must be elucidated. Here, we propose a new methodological approach based on the coupling of biology assays and predictive mathematical models, in order to clarify the mechanism of the DNA uptake and its expression into the cells."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Once these processes are better clarified, we will be able to propose more efficient therapeutic gene transfer protocols for the treatment of human patients."
For more information on this research see: Gene therapy: the role of cytoskeleton in gene transfer studies based on biology and mathematics. Current Gene Therapy, 2014;14(2):121-7. (
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board