The new warship has been fitted with modern missiles, radar and communication system and trials have been conducted before commissioning.
Vice Admiral Subedar also disclosed that the ship will be fitted with the long range missile BrahMos and with Akash surface to air missiles, the trials of which will take place September or October, in collaboration with DRDO.
Commodore BB Nagpal told ANI, "The INS Kolkata is an advanced destroyer by world standards. It was made by indigenous technologies, and very few countries have the technology and specialists to design a warship."
Vice Admiral Subedar added, "The next two ships in the same class will come in 8 months and 16 months respectively. Overall, the ships will be of the same class, but there would be some improvement based on the feedback that we get from the INS Kolkata" . (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop